Friday 4 April 2014

cont; Floral Project

So this week on my floral project I have been looking more at textile and fashion designs. Inspired by my lily drawing I did a free hand embroidery sample using swatches of dark pink fabric to add depth and shading like in my drawing. I think it makes the sample more loose and artistic rather than if I has just added tone using a darker coloured thread. The free had foot gives it that sketchy feel like in my drawings. Using this sample I designed two designs. My next textile move was inspired by Christopher Kanes 2012 collection, he designed these garments using appliqued flowers and organza. I did the same by cutting out flowers and just gluing them under and on top of a piece of organza. I love how my sample turned out its really summery especially with the sparkle of the organza I used. If I were to develop this into a garment I would use floral fabric and stitch them down. Its going to be interesting to look more at how fashion designers have used flowers in their garments.

No comments:

Post a Comment